Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community

Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Never Stand Alone Gaming Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spoon

Petition to stop PRISM.

11 posts in this topic

hlgGnqD.jpg

You spell that wrong. Its Fegets. As in Fegetabotit.

Do you want us to sign up for the law suit as well?

Petition.... Lulz. The NSA has been doing this since the cold war. It's had many names, ECHELON being the first and PRISM is the new face. Hell there's a metric fuckton of computing power buried underneath Ft. Meade just for this purpose. Patriot Act made it more invasive and it hasn't gone anywhere in 8 years so fat chance of this going away.

Well fine, fuck you all then...

More than anything I would sign up for Mozilla's petition. It is less reactionary, and more towards the goals I personally believe in (open internet). Even if the NSA has been doing this for god-knows-how-long, I disagree with it. I mean the government takes the stance of "If you aren't doing anything illegal you have nothing to hide" and yet at the same time... how many things do they have classified? If that is the belief shouldn't all classified documents, email, web searches, etc. be open and available to the public?

Plus, stepping stones to a slippery slope. We are already seeing it in action. Fmr. Pres. Bush's wiretap bill has turned into an internet and data-tap bill under the current administration. Its a large leap but, how long until the traffic cams will be used to cite you for crossing over a white line by accident, or for speeding to pass someone? Again - large leap, but its not completely unreasonable to see one branch of the government attempt it in the future.

They have been gathering info on US citizens and highly used ISPs in other countries for a long long time. It will not stop and as tbird said it could only get worse. But, I neither agree or disagree with what they are doing.

We ask the government to protect us, yet we don't want them spying. Well sadly we live in a time where a country is not inhabited by only those from that country. We are so mixed ethnically and religiously that there is no way to say "In America we will never get hit by someone in America, only if they came across the sea". The logical steps to take would be to tap peoples phones and internet as that is the means of communication. I don't think they even use that info to catch big time drug dealers and use it only or gathering information on people searching things on the internet that relates to causing terror on America. There are HUGE drug dealers around that never get caught, yet they have been collecting info on these people for quite some time.

I don't think the PRISM data mining program is as invasive on your privacy as most think. Plus, what are we going to do about it? All they have to do is claim Marshall Law and the country is ruled by the Military. The American Government has set itself up perfectly to negate any revolutions and civilian uprisings. We can barely even rally and protest without being under heavy surveillance by Riot police. Americas government does everything it can to keep the threads of its finely knitted quilt from unraveling.

If we want protection, we have to give up some of our rights, or at least parts of our rights.

1 person likes this

Holy fucking Necro.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0