Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community

Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Never Stand Alone Gaming Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Minidoom

What do you do?

39 posts in this topic

I always forget everyone's profession/work, So here's a place to post what you do for money. Being a whore doesn't count. we all do that.

I'm a Graphic Designer, but will be returning to design school this fall.

Edit: I work at Brunswick News, a centralized, private news paper site that does all of the papers in my Province.

Currently I'm interning at a school district with the IT department. Kind of doing level 1 and 2ish support stuff.

That will change but I still have no idea what I want to specialize in.

Also, I'm the best whore.

Programming for commercial audio/visual integrator, fire/security, Low Voltage, and environmental/energy control. (Mostly AV at the moment, because we have a shit ton of work).

Degree - BS Electrical Engineering, emphasis on Power system and generation, wireless transmission, and materials science for electrical transmission properties (Basically "Hey, this shit makes a pretty good power line").

Don't ask about minors cause they don't matter...

@Mystic - do you know networking at all? Or sysadmin? If not, learn a tutorial online. Your current job will more than likely help you get a job ANYWHERE, in any IT related field. Working for a school (HS? College?) is a pretty big deal, at least that is what I found out

^

I had 2+ years of IT work (1 year phone support, 1 year level 3 support, moved into AV level 2&3 support at my school, then it became a career).

Basically it is a jumping off point for nearly every new job that becomes available.

- Also remember: In IT fun things are usually REALLY HARD things with high turn over. Like iSec. You get good, you get a great high paying career, you mess up once, your fired. If you like being lazy: Sys Admin. A career where you play World of Warcraft all day.

Yeah I'm just about to graduate from the networking program at my tech school. I was thinking about going into security but I still haven't decided. I'm really liking the internship and I'm looking forward to any opportunities it will open up for me.

kick ass - we might have to chat sometime. Talk all nerdy to me and such. I am the only person at my job that understands REAL computer stuff... especially with regards to networking/ NetSec... Hell, I think I am the only person (INCLUDING OUR FUCKING SYS ADMIN) that understands the difference between 255.255.255.0 and 255.255.254.0... stupid people.

Also - Someone I brought in my entrance mat that said "There is no place like 127.0.0.1" but no one laughed...

Wow it's sad the sysadmin doesn't understand that. I love the mat though. I've been thinking about getting one. Just to confuse everyone who comes over.

Wow am i the only person with a business job?

Degree Bachelors in accounting and another in finance

Current job: Real Estate Accountant

Applying for finance jobs now.

PS for those in school, if you find accounting boring and easy in school it will be boring and easy as a job. Hence my reason for switching careers.

I do Network management, Telephone/Telephone switch management, and Tech. control(management of long-haul circuits) for the United States Air Force, but the main thing I'm best at is NetMan.

Unfortunately, being in the military means a lot of people in my career field don't understand it.

Examples- Many don't understand the difference between MBps and Mbps, as well as the difference between 32-bit and 64-bit for OS. Recently, the supposed "best" netman person at my rank didn't even know what alt + F4 did or what system 32 was......

For now, I'm a parts manager at a small Ford Dealership. As of tomorrow(5/8), I'll be done with my classes for a 2 year degree in Business administration. And I've got a few job prospects/ an interview tomorrow with a staffing agency that primarily does manager placement.

Unemployed :) for now at least lol

I'll be going to Florida State for Mechanical Engineering in August for ~4 years (the course work on a normal schedule is actually 4 1/2 years). Ill be gunning for a serious internship in Junior year, so ill see where that takes me from there....

currently, mcdonalds. fuck them though, i gave them 3 days notice :P

Monday the 15th, Residential Counselor at Springbrook, a place for people with developmental disabilities.

I am a legalized drug dealer who works for Walgreen's. Hopefully I will soon be getting out of that and into IT when I finish my online classes.

Paramedic

il_570xN.451741838_esb7.jpg

Am I the only one who lol'ed at this. I do feel that it should point out somehow that it is 99% Medicaid patients though.

I work in a warehouse for a company that distributes undergroud piping for water and sewer to contractors.

university degree: failed

I am a certified heavy equipment operator, I currently operate pumps, polymer plants and dredges for CEDA International (Enviromental Fluid Solutions). I work at the TRO division at Suncor Oil Sands

Hello all

I am still a college student

Although, I work part time at a public school district IT department but, summer time i am full time.

Oh Hey Al... Can you tell me why Walgreens won't let me transfer my prescription from one store to another over the Android app? It let me transfer between CVS and Wallgreens, but not Wallgreens and Walgreens...

Oh Hey Al... Can you tell me why Walgreens won't let me transfer my prescription from one store to another over the Android app? It let me transfer between CVS and Wallgreens, but not Wallgreens and Walgreens...

That is not a transfer. You are just filling at another store. Inter-Walgreen's fills are not considered transfers in the full sense of the word. (Unlike Walmart, Target, K-Mart, etc where they actually have to contact another store to fill the prescription - Walgreen's stores all the prescriptions on a local (store level) and central (company wide) database). So all you need to do is go to refill then select what store you want to fill at.

I am currently going to college for fuels technician and work at the dollarama part time sorry im not as cool as everyone else... however i my work is rite next to a goodlife fitness gym and there is just ass for days.... yoga pants and leggings everyyyyywhereeee :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0