Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community

Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Never Stand Alone Gaming Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Minidoom

The most Honest Three Minutes in TV history.

25 posts in this topic

Yeah i saw this a few weeks ago. And i completely agree. This needs to be shoved down americans throats

That's why i hate it when people are all like "AMERICA FUCK YEAH!!!111!11ONE!11" Because It's not, at all. But i agree it used to be. Not just the US though, the world as a whole was a better place years ago, when humans were making revolutionary discoveries and making revolutionary changes. Now, it's just evolutionary changes.

I believe with alot of the first half of his explanation, particularly being apart of this generation, however America was never this all great "moral high ground", at least not much better than we are today, and in many cases, far far worse. This isn't to say that America hasn't done very good or very bad, because it has in both areas, but so has EVERY other country, governing body, and group of people, no one is perfect. And to say that in the present day America that we aren't discovering and inventing new and better things is completely wrong, they're are so so many things that have been done and created through out all modern day America and the world. I agree that America isn't the best country, however you'd be hard pressed to name another country that is actually the "best". Every country has their share of ups and downs, with many of the industrialized countries typically having the better factor of choice, however saying any country is best is just pure wrong, there is no true factual material that says one area is the best in all ways of life, every country differs and its just a matter of opinion. Our present time sucks in America, but it has in many other times as well in every country. Basically, people do a great deal of bad and a great deal of good, no matter what country or time period. People need to stop assuming that Americans believe align themselves with one of the several preconceived "American" ideologies, because no one person agrees or lives their life 100% the same as someone else, regardless of what nationality they are.

TL DR; life has its great ups and horrible downs, and you don't have to be in America to have either of those extremes

The USA has a long way to fall before becoming the worst lol.

I think the real culprit is greed and if you really want to know who to blame, look in the mirror. YOU are what's wrong with society. I'm what's wrong with society, ALL OF US ARE THE PROBLEM.

Greed is controlling all of us. Always will. We're a society that has to have the best. The best tvs, the best video games, the best vehicles. We're not happy unless someone is worse off. Hell, someone defined happiness as the joy derived from the suffering of others. (or something like that). You want to create a change then you have to BE the change. And if you sit there and say "I'm just one person, " then you never really wanted the change.

There are tales throughout numerous mythologies about cities rising and burning to the ground. Biblical Lore, Native American Lore, Norse Lore, and even numerous Video game lores talk about cities being destroyed due to the depraved nature of their societies. We are closing in on being yet another 'story' told to a future civilization over the campfire, used to keep their children in line. and if you think about it, those stories once worked at keeping children in line.

My advice. Don't strive to be the best at anything. Don't strive to have the best of anything. Strive to be the best at being human. Help others when they're down.

Very jumbled thought, I know. My bad.

I respect your opinion just as I would any other, but you cannot deny that if this country does not change direction, it's going to smother and die in it's own naivety.

We're not the best, we're quickly becoming the worst, and the only thing that is going to fix the broken system, is a revolution. We need to take back control of our country, or we're going to start resembling sovereign states of the past. The sovereign states that withered and died, came up under a new regime that was infinitely worse than the last. Yes, every country has its own problems, but not every other country is looked down upon so widely as ours, just for being so arrogant.

I completely agree. And as history shows, the 'most powerful country' never remains on top much more than a 70-100 years. And the US is in that age of death where we loose power. It is widely agreed upon by experts that the US reached the height of its power int he mid 70's. And furthermore (This is straight fact. My dad is taking a class in his war college ALL about china and india) China is the next country in line. Within the next 20-30ish years China will be number one. And on top of that, if we (the US) and China do not learn to work together there WILL be conflict. Again as history has shown, rising powers always conflict with the top power(s) of the region/world.

The USA has a long way to fall before becoming the worst lol.

And we wont. We certainly wont be #1 anymore but we will not fall to the bottom.

Bottom line is that America needs the sobering realization of no longer being #1 anymore.

If you payed attention to the argument in said video and what I said, I agree this generation particularly sucks, however I'm a little confused as to how you think the US is quickly becoming the worst. Is it because you think every American is arrogant and that so many look down us that makes us the worst? if so youre ratings for best and worst are a little off, personally I don't know how you could say living in America is worse then living in lets say Afghanistan, Iraq, North Korea, or any number of countries in Africa. The funny thing about youre list of inventions is that youre purposely ignoring any technological advances we have made in the past 2 decades. Revolutionized society? Computers/internet have done so in the way writing and books first did. How about medical and space advances we have made? You need to actively and acknowledge things when they are in plain sight, because that sort of attitude is what makes people think all Americans are naive and arrogant. Yes i agree people suck, and things have sucked alot lately, however to say America and some of its people aren't doing great things is a complete and utter ignorant thought that puts you way behind in understanding the US and the world as a whole.

If you payed attention to even more of my original argument, you would see that I don't think the US is the best, and that it has a lot of bad to it, just like everywhere else, but for you and others to ignore all the good just because of our worst problems is as bad as ignoring all the problems and acknowledging all the good.

*The first sign you know someone is running out of logical arguments, trying to correct grammar in an internet argument on forum postings *

If you think the US has done no good in the recent years you are clearly mistaken. I personally don't understand your ignorance at looking at the whole picture and all the facts instead of the select ones that suit your own personal opinion. You say that the whole world hates us however you have no factual or personal evidence to show that to be true. Yes we have problems, and many do dislike the US, but not all and in fact a lot love the US for what we have done for them and world. Your ignorance is actually astounding and quite embarrassing I would imagine. Clearly you don't see the pros and cons, just the cons, which make you quite pessimistic and dare I say mentally and emotionally challenged for your lack of recognizing all points of view except your own, especially in such a negative light.

This whole attack on your grammar nazi attack is a never ending attack because clearly you attacked first with your attack that I then attacked back with, which evidently came with a retaliatory attack from you. Back to all seriousness, as you can see I have acknowledged both the problems and good things that are coming from modern US, but you have yet to say that any good has come from the US in any recent times. For you to say I am not approaching this logically is false, because I actually look at both views. You say my "naivety" is what will doom the country is wrong, how am I being naive if i recognize the good and bad, unlike you who chooses to ignore any good and only think bad? I don't know how I would do personal attacks because I don't know you personally, which I'm pretty thankful for because I already know enough people that are pretty close minded.

*The first sign you know someone is running out of logical arguments, trying to correct grammar in an internet argument on forum postings *

post-56-138646420175_thumb.jpg

If you think the US has done no good in the recent years you are clearly mistaken. I personally don't understand your ignorance at looking at the whole picture and all the facts instead of the select ones that suit your own personal opinion. You say that the whole world hates us however you have no factual or personal evidence to show that to be true. Yes we have problems, and many do dislike the US, but not all and in fact a lot love the US for what we have done for them and world. Your ignorance is actually astounding and quite embarrassing I would imagine. Clearly you don't see the pros and cons, just the cons, which make you quite pessimistic and dare I say mentally and emotionally challenged for your lack of recognizing all points of view except your own, especially in such a negative light.

This whole attack on your grammar nazi attack is a never ending attack because clearly you attacked first with your attack that I then attacked back with, which evidently came with a retaliatory attack from you. Back to all seriousness, as you can see I have acknowledged both the problems and good things that are coming from modern US, but you have yet to say that any good has come from the US in any recent times. For you to say I am not approaching this logically is false, because I actually look at both views. You say my "naivety" is what will doom the country is wrong, how am I being naive if i recognize the good and bad, unlike you who chooses to ignore any good and only think bad? I don't know how I would do personal attacks because I don't know you personally, which I'm pretty thankful for because I already know enough people that are pretty close minded.

I agree. To have a logical argument, you have to acknowledge both sides of the argument, understand both those arguments, and then formulate your thesis based on said arguments. You can't just go ranting and raving saying that the country is shit when, well it's not. Yes, we currently are not in the best financial state, nor do we have the best international relations, nor are we the smartest country. But that does not mean that we're shit or not the best country in the world. With an argument like this, it's completely opinion based. Yes you can look at all the statistics that you want, but statistics don't mean shit in comparison to pride in a country that you were born and raised in.

Freshman year of high school I had my favorite teacher of all time, he was my global teacher (Mr. Grey). Now he was born and raised in Jamaica and moved to the U.S. to teach. He told us all the time that he loved the U.S. and personally thought it to be an amazing country, but he told us about this global theory that can be seen within every country from the development of that country to present times. This theory was that no matter how terrible the country you're born in is, you will always have sentimental value to that country. It will always have that special place in your heart. He provided us with a first hand example of this. He was born and raised in Jamaica (As previously stated) in the not so nice part of the country. He told us that regardless of what went on over there and how much better he may have it over here, he still believes with all his heart that Jamaica is the greatest country on the planet. In my personal opinion, Jamaica is a dump. But it's something that cannot be argued with him. They're his own beliefs and he will never stop believing it.

I myself do not believe that I would rather live in another country other than the U.S. Sure we have our problems, sure I want a lot to change, but that's part of why I believe that the U.S. is the greatest country in the world, because we have the ability to change it! They're my personal beliefs that you cannot argue with. I'm sure that if we asked all our Canadian members which country they believe is the greatest, they would reply "Canada". If we ask our English members that same question, they would reply "England". Hell, if we ask our Australian member, he would probably reply "Australia".

you guys should just grab some plaid jackets, start drinking maple syrup and become one of us :)

Thank you for that post heart. That was perfect.

What does being Christian have anything to do with this? I'm pretty sure the US wasn't involved in the crusades, but I think I'll have to look it for you. You have yet to recognize that a single good thing the US or any American has done in recent times, and if you really believe that no good has come from the US at all, then I really do feel sorry for you. I don't know how many times i can tell you how close minded you're being. I never once said the US was the best and if you payed any attention to anything I have previously said you would see that. You clearly have a problem understanding history and religion, you should really read up on it more. For you to claim that much of the bad is because of Christians is wayyyyyy off base. Your clear disrespect to Americans and Christians as a whole is unwarranted. You may have a problem against specific people, but the general hatred of both you seem to have is crazy. Your method of arguing/debating is bad at best, pathetic at worst. When you begin to open up and actually pay attention and understand things that aren't just your point of view, you might get out of your shell of madness and hatred.

don't bother coming back to this thread ever again.

Fair enough. I'm out.

We have set ourselves up as the policing body for the world. Nobody likes the police around, they scream and rail against them on the grounds that the police infringe upon their freedom. As soon as something bad happens to them and the police are needed, then they scream "Where were you when we needed help?".

I'm not making excuses for the bad shit we do but we do take on a lot of responsibility which leaves us less leeway for mistakes.

Oh and if you haven't served your country (i.e. military service, public office, etc.) or you don't vote then shut the hell up. You're part of the whiny, entitled little shits that exacerbate the issue. Just be glad you live in a damn country where you have the option and are encouraged to voice your opinion of what's wrong with this country.

You make a good point about our standing in the world. Like it or not, we fill the "police" role. That's just how we've come to be.

You make a good point about our standing in the world. Like it or not, we fill the "police" role. That's just how we've come to be.

Only If the Policing is in the better interest of the US though. There are a lot of places in the world that need "policing". I'm not saying that its good, or bad, I'm just sating that's how it is.

Of course. Obviously there are pros and cons to filling that role worldwide. It just seems that's the direction the country wanted to move, so we moved there. I can't say objectively if it's a good or bad thing, it's just.... there. lol

Of course. Obviously there are pros and cons to filling that role worldwide. It just seems that's the direction the country wanted to move, so we moved there. I can't say objectively if it's a good or bad thing, it's just.... there. lol

Exactly.

6823.gif

But No really...this is why I always hate political and religious discussions. People believe what they believe and there is no way of changing that. All they ever lead to (unless you have a situation where 2 people agree on everything - which is rare) is everybody getting their panties in a knot which leads to off topic, usually personal attacks and then somebody or everybody just gets so pissed off that they say "Fuck this shit".

That being said here is what I think. No country is ever number one. No country is the best. No country ever will be. In order for one country to be the best and be number one they could never make a mistake and EVERYBODY would want to live there no matter if they already did or currently do not. It would pretty much have to be a Utopia and that is not humanly possible. What determines a country being the best right now? Well all it is, is personal opinion. I guarantee you I could find a group of people in every country in the world that thought that their country is the best, just as I could find a group of people in each that thought theirs was the worst. And are any of them wrong? Logically no, none of them are...but compared to yours or my personal belief then there is a chance that they are.

Now for those who go and try to use statistics to prove that a country is the best or the worst, fuck you! Just as I could go into a city and take pictures of an area and make the city look like it is beautiful and full of high wealth citizens, I could also go into a city and get pictures that make it look like the most run down poor city in the state(s). The same goes for statistics, for every good statistic there is a bad one, and listing just the good or the bad stats may make a place look better or worse, but it is just ignorant to believe them.

Lets take an example of that. Lets say that I told you that (fictional) Arcadia, WI has the highest rate of crime per capita in Wisconsin? I am willing to bet that if I put that out there the majority of Americans would say "Well I don't want to go there". Now lets say that who ever published that left out the most important part just to make Arcadia look bad, and that in Arcadia 99% of the "crimes" was parking tickets and jaywalking and that Arcadia is a small town, so it is not hard to hit a per capita statistic. So what I am saying is, statistics are just used to scare or comfort people into believing what ever the person sharing them wants. And, unless you actually read the study or report they came from, you can't believe them at face value. (Personal story on that, I got a thing in the mail from my vet that said "1 out of every 5 cats gets heart worms in the Midwest*". Note the *...it lead to a sub note that said it was based on a report by some vet association . I went online and read the report and it said 1 in 5 cases of heart worms were reported in untreated outdoor cats both domestic and stray in the Midwest. So yeah there is an example of a scare tactic using stats).

police role..... being the leader of the UN.... UNITED NATIONS 193 members of state. Created to police the world. to stop genocide, to give relief to poverty stricken countries. To try and stop, or prevent threats of war. And the US is one of the leaders of it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0