Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community

Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Never Stand Alone Gaming Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
almaxkiller

Site News/Features

10 posts in this topic

Alright thought I would take the time to update you guys on the updates that have been made to the site. Even though a thing is in the completed section does not mean that I have stopped working on it/will not take ideas on what features you would like to see added/removed, so feel free to comment on them. Also, if there are things you want to see then post them in the Suggestion Box: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4

Completed Projects:

1. New Chat Box

This one is tied into our forum (Access is restricted and controllable, and linked to users profiles). You can slightly customize it via the UCP (on the user side/not server wide) such as enable sound yes/no or display avatars yes/no. There is also an option to "Display mChat on Index: Yes/No" keep this on YES! I plan to remove it as an option so people do not accidentally remove it from their view, so if you select NO you will never see the chat box again once I edit the code out.

EDIT: I have done a fix on it that should now prevent it from auto-scrolling when reading older posts. In order to see newer posts (re-enable auto-scroll) after reading older posts you do have to scroll down to the newest post now. It may also fix the "partial scroll" on site load that would sometimes occur. I have also added a feature where it will post in the chat box when a new thread is created under the person who created the new thread's name.

2. Image resizer

When a image is posted (via the ) or uploaded and it is very large it will be re-sized to fit a set dimension. You will still be able to view the full size image by clicking the image and can exit out of the pop-up by clicking again. It also works in the chat box the same way. This was to prevent the pictures from running off the post/chat box where it would appear cut off on the right side (something you commonly saw on LCS's site when good quality images were posted - like the ones Mini posted in the NSFW thread over there). Hope you guys enjoy this mod!

3. New smillies

Added new smilies. If you want others, feel free to suggest some and I will add them.

4. Multi-mod

This is for advisors and leaders: a multi-mod. If you don't know what it is, it is a drop down menu that shows up when you are posting where you can make a selection and it puts in a pre-written post for you. This is currently active in the PS3 Recruiting, XBOX 360 Recruiting, and PC Recruiting forums and is accessible by all Leaders and Advisors (it is at the bottom under the quick mod tools (what you use to sticky, lock a thread, etc)). With it select the reply you want to do and it will automatically post for you, instead of having to go to and copy and paste the text.

5. Hotlink the "Logo" to the main page

6. "Group" Emblems

7. Gamertags

You can now enter your GamerTags/ID's via the User Control Panel > Profile > Edit GamerTags. You can enter your XBOX 360, PSN, Wii, Steam, Xfire, and Origin ID's. It also attaches your gamercards/graphics/image/whatever you want to call it. For some it does it automatically, for others you do have to sign in to your profile/activate (just follow the steps given for the platform). The only thing that I have now noticed as incorrect is for the steam ID it says "To use this gamertag, you must register on steamprofile.com. When you have created your user you will have a page that has a URL string ?steamid=XXXX. The number in place of XXXX is your Steam Community ID." You will actually get a url that looks like this: The XXXXXXXXXXX's between the steam/ and the .png is the Steam Community ID.

WIth this new feature you can view peoples GT's and images - by hovering your mouse over their gamertag - either when they post (will show up under the avatar) or in their profile. I have also added this as part of the registration process for the forums. Feel free to check out my profile/posts to see what it looks like. Please set up yours when you have the chance. If you have any questions or need help setting it up, feel free to contact me!

8. Removed the "Information" page when posting, logging on, etc.

9. Added a donation tracker mod.

Check out the bottom of the main page, or the link in Community or in the header under the logo!

10. A recent topics field

11. Added a calendar for each division with multiple time zones.

12. Created a menu bar for the top of the page.

13. Created a Teamspeak page with all of the information and a server viewer. Can be viewed by clicking "Teamspeak" in the menu bar at the top of the page.

14. Added a "Spoiler" function. Visit the "Help and Technical Support" forum for info on how to use it.

15. Upped Avatar size and enabled upload. Max size is now 150 x 150.

16. Added a Anti-Necro mod. Now when users try to post to a thread that is over a month old it will give them a warning message. Note that this does not apply to the admins and to the OP.

17. Added a "Like" system. You can now like posts that you like....

Next Projects:

1. Fix some site color issues (like in the UCP and PM - some of the options text color is close to the background color)

Did a lot of work yesterday/early this morning. Check out all the nifty new features/add-ons. Also, feel free to comment on the completed projects if there are changes you think need to be made. And if you have more suggested projects/changes post them to the Suggestion Box: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4

Added a new feature today and fixed some issues! Check out number 7 and number 1: EDIT for the details!

And more new features today! Check out #8, #9, and #10 above for the details

Just upped the Avatar size to match that of the group rank banners that show up below them. Gives it all a cleaner look. The max size is now 150 x 150. Also, I have enabled uploading of avatars to the site so you will no longer have to link them through photobucket (or similar site) or their original site if you so choose (which should also allow the pages to load faster).