Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community

Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Never Stand Alone Gaming Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
almaxkiller

Minecraft server

32 posts in this topic

Almost any modern PC can run a mc server. Servers are supposed to be hosted at datacenters, not on a home PC.

Wow that is so far from the truth. Servers run on home pc's are usually the best ones. Why do you think so many people are pissed of that bf and cod dont support/allow it anymore?

Also when did you log in to the server?

Almost any modern PC can run a mc server. Servers are supposed to be hosted at datacenters, not on a home PC.

Wow that is so far from the truth. Servers run on home pc's are usually the best ones. Why do you think so many people are pissed of that bf and cod dont support/allow it anymore?

Almax is right, Modern is wrong.

Almax is right, Modern is wrong.

Of course thats the way it is, right?

Data centres are there for a reason, to host servers. The reason I said that is not because they can't RUN a server, its the speed of the upload, bandwidth. Almax's internet can't connect to EU very good because be lives in the US with I'm guessing a 5mbps+ upload? Data centres have what? 100up/down? I'd even say a lot more.

Of course thats the way it is, right?

Data centres are there for a reason, to host servers. The reason I said that is not because they can't RUN a server, its the speed of the upload, bandwidth. Almax's internet can't connect to EU very good because be lives in the US with I'm guessing a 5mbps+ upload? Data centres have what? 100up/down? I'd even say a lot more.

(Data centers are the "hubs" of the internet. Hosts host servers.) The only reason a person would get a host for a Minecraft server - or any game really - (which I found barely any that even offer minecraft hosting) is because they don't have the computer/internet to run minecraft or because they don't know how to set one up and are too afraid to try. My computer that I built almost 2 years ago now is still better than most of the top end computers you can buy now, and my internet is plenty fast enough to handle the actually relatively small amount of information that needs to be passed between a user and the server.

Now for the lag you experienced, have you tried it since I did the "upgrades" because before the internet to it was wireless and was only getting 2 bars of reception, and because of that not really able to handle the traffic (like the issues that Yamaha and spoon were experiencing). Now it should be more than able to do so, especially since I dedicated over half of my computers ram to it (which is way more than needed as well). As for server lag from this point on you will see a lot of people say this is an issue caused by the coding of minecraft and the fact that the data passes through the minecraft servers when it is traveling between the client and the server.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0