Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community

Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Never Stand Alone Gaming Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
almaxkiller

NSA Assessment Survey Results and Plans

22 posts in this topic

Hello all,

As NSA was founded on the principal of being open and allowing all members to be a part of the decision process, I would like to share the survey results and a plan for going forward. Yesterday marked the final day of our assessment survey, and I will admit I am pretty happy with the results.  For example there were a series of questions related to peoples view of our members, leaders, and the meaning behind NSA and there was not a single negative.  The survey brought some site issues to light, which some have already been addressed, and also presented a lot of good suggestions.  Now without further ado below are the results of our survey (if you do not feel like reading all the responses, scroll down to the plan).

Assess1_zpsf2wn4cyc.png

Assess2_zpstuvpuqoa.png

Assess3_zpszfrk4pha.png

Assess4_zpsnehgdbmv.png

Assess5_zpse559bpy4.png

Assess6_zpscbr0sdft.png

Assess7_zpsukio4i9u.png

Assess8_zpscedaunx7.png

Plans:

I am going to assume that anything over 25% is an actionable item.  That leaves us needing to address 33.3% of people wanting to continue to use TS3 but think we should have a backup VOIP, addressing some site sign up issues, 38.9% of people "somewhat" liking our site, 33.3% of people being unaware that we have a small selection of games for sale, and making some changes to improve the likelihood of getting donations (50% said they would like to see us have giveaways).  On top of that there was a lot of valuable write in entries that need to be addressed as well and the potential that some people (22.2% answered yes) would be interested in purchasing gaming server hosting or VPS hosting from us which could help us offset some server costs.

All that being said, below is the plan I suggest:

• Create a backup VOIP (Done - Discord)
  • Upgrade to IPBoard 4.x, which would allow us to not only make some much needed changes to improve the look/feel of our site, but also allow support for some very nice extensions/apps that are either in development or production ready for 4.x.  Plus a lot of devs are no longer supporting IPB 3.x.  (Done)
  • Revamp the "Home" page to present better data in a clean format. (In Progress)
  • Make a better TS3-Site integration (Done)
  • Clean up TS3/TS3 Admin Bot (Done)
  • Improve the site sign up process (In Progress)
  • Integrate a "Planning/Calendar" app with IPB 4.x to set up rotating events with a sign up roster. This was a much requested feature with many people wanting more game nights planned on the website. (Done)
  • New/Improved Shoutbox (In Progress)
  • Integrate a Gaming News Feed page (In Progress)
  • Adverse games that are for sale on the site (Not Started)
  • Advertise Gaming Server/VPS plans - Server Cost offset (Not Started)
  • Plan a Giveaway schedule/plan (Not Started - Leadership discussion needed)

Please let me know what you all think of the plan and if there is anything that you think needs to be added/removed from the list based on the survey results.  The Game Giveaway drawing will occur soon, and will be posted in a separate topic.

The 30$ is no longer an issue.

Im thinking we should have a list of games that the majority of our users have, and host Gaming Nights every other weekend. Attending these events gets your name put in for a monthly (or every other month) contest/draw for gaming related prizes. (mice, mouspads, stickers, headphones, case accessories, games, large black dildos, etc.) If you attend multiple events in the same period, your chances of winning go up.

Hello all,

The first item, Create a backup VOIP, is complete and released.  The backup VOIP is Discord.  Click here to view the page to join our Discord server and information on how to get a role assigned.  For now I urge that we only use it for times when TS3 is down, but later I do expect that we will be having a conversation on whether or not we want to make it our primary and use TS3 as the backup.  I plan to have us use it for a few events here and there to gauge what we all think about it.  It has some cool features like automatic game detection (will say what you are playing), a built in overlay, notifications, a persistent text/image/gif/video chat, and support for iPhone (Free App), Android (Free App), In-Browser, and download.  They are currently working on adding screen sharing/streaming (think Skype) as well.  If you want to check it out and download the app, click here.

1 person likes this

I feel that if there was a way to integrate the shoutbox with the teamspeak community chat, then it would be utilized a lot more and make it easier for individuals to communicate. That's kind of a stretch though. Also I feel like the suggestions of cleaning the TS server would be good. I think that we should revert back to having only one badge per person and we could reorganize the channels alphabetically (some aren't) and get rid of the unused channels. Also I think it would be useful if there is an easy way to track how many people are entering specific channels, as that will give us generally a good idea as to what people are playing to better plan gaming nights in the future. I realize that if we were to do that, some results would definitely be skewed as people often join channels not to play, but to talk to friends. Nonetheless, I do believe that we would benefit from that.

If you want, I can start cleaning up the TeamSpeak whenever and add/remove whatever it is that we need to.

I also agree with the removal of ads, as we really are not benefiting currently from them. It would be better for people who are new to the site as it reduces clutter.

Let me know if there is anything you want me doing specifically.

Hello all,

Just an update, I am in progress of doing a practice upgrade to our stage site.  Currently I have it upgraded to IPB v4.1.11 and have added Steam Sign On.  If you all want to take a look and play around with it, the site is http://stage.nsagamers.com/.  Your sign on here will work there, just be aware that what ever you do there will likely be wiped out as I go.  I am going to add a few other plugin's/apps before doing the upgrade here.  If you have any comments on what you are seeing there and things you would LIKE to see there, please post them here on this topic.

Teamspeak cleanup is in progress.  Deleted a bunch of channels and groups.  Reverted the Group icons back to their original.  I believe all that is left is to clean up the TS3 bot.

Hey guys,

Just an update.  I have added quite a bit to our stage site and it is nearing the point where I am going to update our actual site.  You will notice some things that are on this site are not on the stage site yet, and that is because the developers have not completed development on them yet or that I did not install it yet.  I know the steam profile integration is almost complete and I expect that it will be available in the coming weeks.

Please check out the stage site and tell me what you think.  Again the site is http://stage.nsagamers.com.  It has many added features like a calendar app that will allow users to create events and request members to RSVP, a new chatbox that can be put ANYWHERE (mind you I will likely be replacing the one on there with a new one when it releases), and a few other new features that make the experience better.  Also, let me know if there are any specific theme colors/styles that you would like to see.  Do you prefer dark, gaming style (gaming background images and such), just white like it is???

Also, I challenge you to find the Peter Dinklage widget on the stage site.

Just another quick update.

Go to http://stage.nsagamers.com/index.php?/

(Please note that this is not the final look, I am just putting everything that I can on one page so it is easier to see and test)

Let me know what you think and what you would like to see on the news feeds - currently I have the R6:S Reddit and Polygon, but can add anything that has an RSS feed.

On 4/12/2016 at 6:10 PM, xSTHEART said:

I feel that if there was a way to integrate the shoutbox with the teamspeak community chat, then it would be utilized a lot more and make it easier for individuals to communicate. That's kind of a stretch though. Also I feel like the suggestions of cleaning the TS server would be good. I think that we should revert back to having only one badge per person and we could reorganize the channels alphabetically (some aren't) and get rid of the unused channels. Also I think it would be useful if there is an easy way to track how many people are entering specific channels, as that will give us generally a good idea as to what people are playing to better plan gaming nights in the future. I realize that if we were to do that, some results would definitely be skewed as people often join channels not to play, but to talk to friends. Nonetheless, I do believe that we would benefit from that.

If you want, I can start cleaning up the TeamSpeak whenever and add/remove whatever it is that we need to.

I also agree with the removal of ads, as we really are not benefiting currently from them. It would be better for people who are new to the site as it reduces clutter.

Let me know if there is anything you want me doing specifically.

Unfortunately, I have found that TS3 stores the chat Client Side and not server side (which is why when you come in you can not see what was posted before you got there) and because of that it is impossible to link the two up like that...would have been easy to do otherwise.  

Everything looks pretty good Al. The one thing that I noticed was that our logo was not changed on browser tab bars. This is nothing serious, I just figured I'd mention it because it's something that is easy to overlook. Other than that, everything else seems to be running smoothly and looking good.

18 hours ago, xSTHEART said:

Everything looks pretty good Al. The one thing that I noticed was that our logo was not changed on browser tab bars. This is nothing serious, I just figured I'd mention it because it's something that is easy to overlook. Other than that, everything else seems to be running smoothly and looking good.

Noted, I will work on that this weekend.

13 minutes ago, almaxkiller said:

Noted, I will work on that this weekend.

18 hours ago, xSTHEART said:

Little info tidbit. The Icon on the browser tab is called a Favicon.

3 minutes ago, Minidoom said:

Little info tidbit. The Icon on the browser tab is called a Favicon.

Bonus points if you know the typical file type for a favicon (note it is not just one, but one is the most popular)

2 minutes ago, almaxkiller said:

Bonus points if you know the typical file type for a favicon (note it is not just one, but one is the most popular)

HINT:  .ico

9 hours ago, Minidoom said:

HINT:  .ico

That is not a hint, that is the answer.  You can also use .png or .gif.  There is also a few others but since the browser support on those are spotty you would not want to use them.

On 6/7/2016 at 0:57 PM, xSTHEART said:

Fixed.

CaptureFavicon.PNG

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0