Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community

Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Never Stand Alone Gaming Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
almaxkiller

New Forum Suggestions

30 posts in this topic

Now that we are using our new forums, I am looking for suggestions.

See something that you think should be changed?  Post it.

Want something added? Post it.

Want to take the topic off topic?  Don't post it.

Suggestion to remove the IP.Board theme as a selection, as going onto it (bottom -> Change theme) gives PHP errors. 

Edit#1: Oh also: the 'Join Us' thing links to a topic. This is pretty useless from a non-registered users point of view. 

How to fix that? Hide 'Join us' from non-registered/logged in users, Then create a 'Register Now' forum link that is only viewable to non-registered users.

Edit#2: Rename the 'Donate *for all divisions/platforms*' to Just donate or so, as the divisions/platforms don't really apply anymore and may confuse people. 

Edited by Modern

Can you submit a support ticket for the IP.board theme issue here with a link to where you saw the errors? I switched and did not get any, but I also did not click around because it was right before work. Then I can look into it and forward the ticket onto IP or the plugin devs if it is caused by a plugin. It really should not be giving any errors if it works here, as it is installed there then here.

The whole point of the join us is to show non-registered users and new users how to join the community.

I will fix the donate link...I thought I had done that a long time ago, but I guess not.

Yeah - I am also not having issues changing themes. I can do ip.board, as well as the mobile and the standard dark theme.

For the "Join Us" deal, could we have it re-direct to the thread about HOW to join, and then have a pop-up with the forum registration stuff, just to get them started?

Hmm yeah, I'm not getting php errors anymore. Odd though, I refreshed twice earlier on today and got the error. 

I refreshed recently (within the last 15 minutes) and got it.  But now I'm not able to reproduce it.

Extend the recent topics section :D

1 person likes this

Haha, I was actually working on just that when I fell asleep at the computer last night.

Edit: Done

Is there a way to highlight unread recent topics al? I think that would be a good addition if you can do er'

1 person likes this

Is there a way to highlight unread recent topics al? I think that would be a good addition if you can do er'

I kinda agree with this.  It would just make it easier when looking at recent topics that we can see which ones we've already viewed, instead of wondering.

That I am working on (and have been for a few days).  As you will see I changed the recent topics app on the sidebar.  Before it just showed the (first 5, then 15) most recent originally posted topics (was not affected at all by replies).  Now it shows both the most recent replied to topics, and the most recent topics by clicking the tab at the top of the bar (to the right of Recent).  I have contacted the plugin developer to see if it would be possible to add the read t_read_dot.png vs unread t_unread.png dots next to each and I am waiting to hear back.

1 person likes this

Ok well, I was able to get it working (somewhat, I want the "highlight" to go across the entire thing, not just behind the text). 

post-2-0-78830900-1387255552_thumb.png

So the site has been live for quite a while now.  Anybody have any suggestions/wants/needs?  I have talked to a few of the developers for some of the applications we have on here and I am open to seeing if there is any customization they can do for us.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the unused space below all the forum/sub forms and to the left of the TS and recent status updates area. Maybe put in server info or ramdom daily/weekly random polls? Fill it with global news? Perhaps even have it personalized with the users own seleted apps (im spitballing here).. weather, news, sports, server info, game info, minigames, youtube inlay, ect.

My only complaint is that I'm not sure how much I like the shout box being on every page on the site. My personal opinion is that the shout box and the important topics should only be on the forums tab. But like I said, that's my own personal opinion.

I believe if you click the My Prefs button on the shoutbox you can disable global shoutbox for your account.

I believe if you click the My Prefs button on the shoutbox you can disable global shoutbox for your account.

that works kind of. If you disable the global shoutbox, it also removes it on the forums tab (which i guess makes sense). Again, it's my own personal complaint and not something that I think necessarily needs changing, but something that I don't like.

I dont use the forums tab to get back to the forums anyways. Just click the NSA logo and it brings you back

Dont know what empire is talking about...

that works kind of. If you disable the global shoutbox, it also removes it on the forums tab (which i guess makes sense). Again, it's my own personal complaint and not something that I think necessarily needs changing, but something that I don't like.

Well I will look into making it perm on the forums tab when you click "No" in the global shoutbox option,  Then everybody can be happy :D

I was talking about our logo on the top left of every page, above the tabs

I was talking about our logo on the top left of every page, above the tabs

Al was talking to me. You misunderstood what I was saying

Small sub-forum for senior members?... seeing as so far spoon and I will be the only ones and we were founders :P

1 person likes this