Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community

Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Never Stand Alone Gaming Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
almaxkiller

Trying to decide on a new mouse...HELP!

16 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

As some of you know my G500 mouse is starting to crap out (LMB is missing clicks/phantom double clicking) so it is time for me to buy a new one. I can't decide which one I want to get. I am hoping some of you have these mice and can offer me some advice/caution.

Mice I am debating between:

Getting the G500 again - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 8&Tpk=G500

Pro - Had the mouse before, fits comfortably in my hand

Con - Mouse buttons are rated for very few clicks compared to the competition, meaning it will crap out in 1 to 2 years

Corsair M65 (Pretty decent sale) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6826816009

Pro -

Con -

Corsair M95 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6826816012

Pro -

Con -

Those are the main ones I am looking at, but I am open to checking out the R.A.T mice and the Razer mice if you guys recommend them. Hopefully I can hear back from most of you today because I hope to order this tonight/early tomorrow so I can get it before BF4 releases.

Also, who here uses mouse pads and or wrist rests? Any recommendations? I am looking at this mouse pad - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6817114174

Thank you all!

My suggestion is to get your gaming mouse, but then do what I do. Get a shitty backup for everyday use. You get considerably more clicks out of your gaming mouse by using the shitty one for internets and gen use.

Also, who here uses mouse pads and or wrist rests? Any recommendations? I am looking at this mouse pad - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6817114174

I use a razor Goliathus (full desk) and love it. But if you're not really into that, the one you looked at seems pretty good, or any steelseries mouse pad should be quality.

Also, I'm just going to mention that full desk pads are awesome. The amount of room you have is great, but it also doesn't create awkwardness with your keyboard that big square pads do.

I have a personal affinity towards Logitech having owned two of their mouses. They last a long time and have a very "trrue" movement mapping.

I have a LOT of corsair products, but I have never tried any of their mouses.

Ohhh...Just noticed Logitech's new mouse the G500s (same design as my G500 just with a better sensor and higher rated buttons (20 million vs the 8 million on the G500)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6826104857

I think I may get it unless somebody can give me a compelling argument for another one!

I use a razor Goliathus (full desk) and love it. But if you're not really into that, the one you looked at seems pretty good, or any steelseries mouse pad should be quality.

Also, I'm just going to mention that full desk pads are awesome. The amount of room you have is great, but it also doesn't create awkwardness with your keyboard that big square pads do.

Link?

I have a special edition Razer Deathadder lying around if you want that

I looked at that and it just looks too oddly shaped for it to be comfortable for me and as much as I love free stuff I think I will have to pass. Thank you though!

I am extremely happy with my M65. It's simple and accurate. Every button has a nice tactile click, and the build quality is far above the others. It's an all aluminium frame with a nice FRP shell. Each side has a coarse grippy coating so your thumb and pinky don't slip when you lift. It also allows for some weight control, with three removable weights in the bottom. The LED is extremely subtle, for mine (mil green with the orange LED) it's perfect for seeing where your mouse is in the dark and lighting up the the on-the-fly DPi switches. The only complaint I have is the "sniper" button located on the thumb side. I have never used it because it needs to be individually programmed per game and I'm lazy. This leads me to the software, which is extremely useful and easy. For DPi you set 3 levels that you will use, a low, medium, and high. So the switches located just behind the scroll wheel have set limits. You can also set lift control, which will change the height at which your mouse will stop reading due to distance from the pad. I have mine always on the lowest setting because at 6200Dpi you hardly need to lift. The mouse is capable of 8200Dpi, but that's a little ridiculous. There are only 2 programmable buttons on thumb side, which leads me to say, if you are looking for more macros, go with the M95. It's of the same build quality, with more buttons. I have used a G500, but I always felt it lacked something, the all plastic body really made it feel light but cheap. The same can be said for most Razer mouse's, the only one of theirs I've like in a while is the Ouroboros. I'm going to stand next to my Corsair though, it's never had any problems and it feels solid. I highly suggest the mil green so we can be twinzies.

I am extremely happy with my M65. It's simple and accurate. Every button has a nice tactile click, and the build quality is far above the others. It's an all aluminium frame with a nice FRP shell. Each side has a coarse grippy coating so your thumb and pinky don't slip when you lift. It also allows for some weight control, with three removable weights in the bottom. The LED is extremely subtle, for mine (mil green with the orange LED) it's perfect for seeing where your mouse is in the dark and lighting up the the on-the-fly DPi switches. The only complaint I have is the "sniper" button located on the thumb side. I have never used it because it needs to be individually programmed per game and I'm lazy. This leads me to the software, which is extremely useful and easy. For DPi you set 3 levels that you will use, a low, medium, and high. So the switches located just behind the scroll wheel have set limits. You can also set lift control, which will change the height at which your mouse will stop reading due to distance from the pad. I have mine always on the lowest setting because at 6200Dpi you hardly need to lift. The mouse is capable of 8200Dpi, but that's a little ridiculous. There are only 2 programmable buttons on thumb side, which leads me to say, if you are looking for more macros, go with the M95. It's of the same build quality, with more buttons. I have used a G500, but I always felt it lacked something, the all plastic body really made it feel light but cheap. The same can be said for most Razer mouse's, the only one of theirs I've like in a while is the Ouroboros. I'm going to stand next to my Corsair though, it's never had any problems and it feels solid. I highly suggest the mil green so we can be twinzies.

Sorry i have to agree with him on this i have myself used the same mouse he has and since it wasn't mine i couldn't take it home with me.. (should have stole the damn thing it was that good)

I kinda want to try the Corsair now... then I would have to get a Corsair keyboard to finish off my Corsair EVERYTHING (Kidding, not gonna do that...)

Mouse Pads - I prefer full desk mats. Keeps the mat from moving too much, PLUS my keyboard isn't sliding around.

My first was a Ripper thta I found on Amazon. I LOVED the feel of it:Ripper XXL

But my cats had affinity towards the texture of it and kept scratching.

I purchased a Razor Goliathus Extended (The none-cutout) for $15 on sale at microcenter.Goliathus

They also have one with cutouts: Goliathus 2

I highly recommend the Goliathus, I use one myself and it works like a dream. I'm not a fan of silky smooth mousepads, allows the mouse to move to easy on its own. The goliathus has a very nice like Tbird says, and it helps keep your small hand movements accurate and on point.

I kinda want to try the Corsair now... then I would have to get a Corsair keyboard to finish off my Corsair EVERYTHING (Kidding, not gonna do that...)

Hey, just cause I like a company's attention to detail and quality doesn't make me a fan boy. It makes me smart. You find something that works and stick to it, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Besides, I don't have a Corsair keyboard, they don't make a Mil Green one with red or orange back lights to match my setup, so the G710 does just fine. Corsair Dominator RAM = Works. Corsair H100i = works without the stock fans. Corsair AX850 PSU = works. Corsair C70 = the easiest and cleanest case I've ever built in. Corsair M65 = the most solid and comfy thing I've ever had in my hand XD . Stahp calling me a fan boy. Dicks. Love you.

Hey, just cause I like a company's attention to detail and quality doesn't make me a fan boy. It makes me smart. You find something that works and stick to it, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Besides, I don't have a Corsair keyboard, they don't make a Mil Green one with red or orange back lights to match my setup, so the G710 does just fine. Corsair Dominator RAM = Works. Corsair H100i = works without the stock fans. Corsair AX850 PSU = works. Corsair C70 = the easiest and cleanest case I've ever built in. Corsair M65 = the most solid and comfy thing I've ever had in my hand XD . Stahp calling me a fan boy. Dicks. Love you.

I am pretty sure Tbird was not calling you a fanboy but was instead saying that if he got those things his build would be all Corsair products.