Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community

Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Never Stand Alone Gaming Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StrifeWolfe

WTF IS WRONG WITH WINDOWS 8

30 posts in this topic

I bought an Asus g46vw... nothing but problems, returned it twice, and experienced the same issues with it's replacements. Also get your drivers from Asus' website, they customize the drivers for there laptops, I got nothing but black screens when I'd try to go from the start menu thingy in 8 to the desktop using the drivers from nvidia, the drivers from Asus are usually fairly dated though.

refurb means = dont buy ever.

No. Not at all. Besides the reason I stated above, refurbs are usually reliable. I don't know why so many people have this idea that refurbs are horrible.

Ya, I'm done dealing with these issues. Nvidia driver still crashes while trying to watch youtube videos, the Asus tech told me to go back to the drivers on their website, Nvidia driver 311.00. This did not work at all. Some say the only other option is to replace the graphics card entirely. Yet it's a proprietary design made by Asus. SOOO, I'm going to return this as soon as possible, get my Newegg credit and look for something with haswell and AMD. I've had nothing but problems and I'm not going to even chance buying another G750 or Asus laptop. The service is horrible. I may end up getting a 700 series Nvidia laptop but that's only if it really comes down to it. This is why I hate laptops, nothing but problems every time I've used one, fuck my school for making it a requirement. So I'm going to go back to filing my RMA claim. If I don't end up with an MSI I might get a Sager. The only way I will ever be convinced to get another ASUS laptop is if someone can outright prove to me that it will work with any game and not crash. I move into my dorm room tomorrow, so here's to a long night of tech support.