Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community

Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Never Stand Alone Gaming Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StrifeWolfe

WTF IS WRONG WITH WINDOWS 8

30 posts in this topic

Okay, so I'm starting to lose my shit because of this, I can't play any game and I can barely watch videos on YouTube without either the display driver crashing or Windows crashing. I can't even play something as simple as Prison Architect without it locking up completely and having to do a hard reset. I have updated everything, I was using the Nvidia beta drivers before I swapped back to the stable drivers to see if that was the problem. I don't understand why not even a single game will run and as far as I've seen there's no way to swap back to Windows 7 without it being a complete headache. ALL drivers and software is up to date, but this shit still happens. I have a ASUS ROG G75VX with a i7-3630m and a GTX 670MX.

Windows 8 Suck Dick.

Very helpful.

Try reverting to a previous update?

I've heard windows 8 causes problems with some games. But nothing as intense as you are describing. I haven't ever used 8, so I'm not sure on what could be the culprit. I use a PC tech forum and can ask around and see what could cause windows 8 to do this.

In the meantime, I suggest you try what spoon suggested a d attempt to revert windows 8 to an older version. If your video card drivers didn't make a difference what version you had it sounds like an OS problem.

Also if you have a version of Win 7 that isn't OEM try partitioning like 100 gigs or something and install win7 and a game giving you problems. If not, you might have to buy a copy or pirate it. Though pirating an OS is really really sketchy and I do not recommend it.

But honestly windows 8 isn't for gaming sadly. Hell win8 is barely for computers. It should have been a touch screen only OS. I would recommend getting 7 as soon as possible if it's an option.

Looooool Windows 8 lololololol Microsoft Sam Voice XD

But seriously. WHYYYYYYYYYYYY U No Just Use Windows 7!! Fffffff....

everything is wrong with windows 8. It was built with tablets and touch screen computers in mind, NOT gamers or those familiar with Win7 Format.

Kris, in order to convert the laptop to work with 7 its hours of registry and bios work. And even after that it won't run stable. Windows 8 comes standard on all laptops these days. I don't need a fuck ton of you assholes to repeat the same solution that will not work as I stated in the first place. I'm looking for a solution that will work. Not a bunch of retarded fucking cockbites that have an opinion, not an answer.

Best solution I can give you Wolfe. Go to NewEgg or something, buy a copy of Win7 and install it instead. I don't know of anyone who uses windows 8 themselves strictly for the reason that it just doesn't work right. =/

wasnt trying to be an asshole legit was trying to help... honestly your first issue was buying the laptop in the first place...

Kris, in order to convert the laptop to work with 7 its hours of registry and bios work. And even after that it won't run stable. Windows 8 comes standard on all laptops these days. I don't need a fuck ton of you assholes to repeat the same solution that will not work as I stated in the first place. I'm looking for a solution that will work. Not a bunch of retarded fucking cockbites that have an opinion, not an answer.

Wait, what? Why exactly would installing 7 take that much work? You just image your laptop and you're done.

I'm going to try pulling a Windows 8 Enterprise Upgrade from my student account, if that doesn't work I'll use Windows 7 Enterprise instead, just like the desktop. Here's to a long night, now someone get me some beer and whiskey.

It sounds to me like their aren't proper W8 drivers for your laptop. Getting drivers to work for laptops can be such a pain, especially with a new OS. This is a genuine suggestion, go back to 7 if you can.

Lol, you should of seen if it was compatibility with your laptop before buying. I was told that I should check my computer before buy and I did and mine works fine. It is the Drivers and what everyone is saying. So really if anything it is your fault. have fun with Shitdows 8.

Lol, you should of seen if it was compatibility with your laptop before buying. I was told that I should check my computer before buy and I did and mine works fine. It is the Drivers and what everyone is saying. So really if anything it is your fault. have fun with Shitdows 8.

The laptop most likely came with Windows 8 installed like most laptops nowdays.

So going back to my comment it was an answer and why would you post something asking for help if you didnt want opinions.... both my answers came from mini and volt. just trying to help you out bro...

Getting any OS to work on a laptop is a pain... Let me tell you about how I my Ubuntu upgrade from Edgy to Feistsy... blah...

Did the laptop come with 8 installed, or was this an "Upgrade"?

Did you move "Flavors" of Windows (IE upgrade from 7Home to 8 Ult).

Is it a legit copy of 8 (Please be honest, because that could help troubleshoot).

What exactly are your crash errors, if any?

Could it be a x68 vs i386 issue? Some computers are not recognized as having x64 when running Win8, and could install the wrong drivers.

How are you managing your drivers (Windows vs 3rd party)?

After a long night, and maybe a few cavities (I drank about 10 sodas and a pound of skittles), I am now running on Windows 7. I had to download a paid program called DriverMax to take care of the drivers because Asus did not readily provide the Windows 7 versions. So far so good. And yes Tbird, it was an official copy of Windows 8 that came with the laptop, and now I'm on an official copy of Windows 7 Enterprise from the OKstate Student Software Distribution center. And where the fuck are all these shit stain browns coming from? GET THE FUCK OUT BROWN SHITS!!! Okay, I'm gonna go play some shit.

Welcome to having a PC. If everything was easy there wouldn't be consoles....

Seriously, next time step back and take a breath. Sounds like you were getting really flustered because of the troubles win8 was giving you.

I've build more PC's than you ever will and no, I wasn't I was getting pissed at this damn laptop for being the biggest waste of time and money. YAY, it looks fucking cool but runs like shit. Windows 7 is shitting itself now. I can't start up normally without the display driver crashing and eventually BSOD. Yes, I know what TDR is and yet I use Nvidia on my desktop with no problem. I'll try desktop drivers, but if that doesn't work I'll put it back to 8 and have a long talk with Asus and Newegg.

you DID buy a refurb....

Most of the time, refurb means the box was opened, it was the wrong product or whatever, and got sent back.