Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community

Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Never Stand Alone Gaming Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VanquishTactical

No More Cheats Or Jerks Online For Xbox One

37 posts in this topic

One of the most interesting things about Microsoft's plans for the Xbox One console is its player reputation system, where Xbox Live users will be rated according to their online game sportsmanship. Today, Microsoft's Xbox Live program manager Micheal Dunn offered up some more information on how this new system will work.

In a post on the Xbox Wire website, Dunn says that Microsoft will get direct feedback from players to rate others with this new system, such as when someone decides to mute a player while in an online match or block them from playing entirely. Dunn states, "The new model will take all of the feedback from a player’s online flow, put it in the system with a crazy algorithm we created and validated with an MSR PhD to make sure things are fair for everyone."

This special algorithm will take into account information about a player that normally plays well with others online but still manages to get a few bad feedback reports a month. According to Dunn:

The algorithm weighs the data collected so if a dozen people suddenly reporting a single user, the system will look at a variety of factors before docking their reputation. We’ll verify if those people actually played in an online game with the person reported – if not, all of those player’s feedback won’t matter as much as a single person who spent 15 minutes playing with the reported person. The system also looks at the reputation of the person reporting and the alleged offender, frequency of reports from a single user and a number of other factors.

The final result will be that every player will get a reputation score based on color. If you get a "green" score, it means that you have a good reputation, while a "yellow" color means you may need some sportsmanship improvements. A "red" score means that you are considered to be bad to play with. Dunn says that many alerts will be given to Xbox One online players before they are hit with the "Red-Avoid Me" reputation level.

Dunn says this system has been set up to make sure people who "don't want to play with cheats or jerks" should not have to do so when gaming online with their Xbox One console. He added that Microsoft will refine the system as it progresses and more bad consequences will be added to the people who get the virtual "Red" card.

Source: http://www.thetechgame.com/News/sid=5015/microsoft-no-more-cheats-or-jerks-online-for-xbox-one.html

Xbox is still shitty everyone there will be having a red card because there are nothing but trolling little kids on there. and nobody likes them and the hackers as well xbox is such a waste (and no im not a ps3 or 4 fanboy) I have owned my share of both consoles and I will never go back to them no matter how much they change shit on them.

Xbox= Kiddie's and trolls/hackers/plus sucks any how.

Ps3-4= Players/gamers/adults/hackers/plus still sucks any how.

I love my XBOX, I love XBOX Live. But there will ALWAYS be trolls/assholes/cheaters/griefers/hackers and general douchebags. It's XBOX Live, the 12 year old gamer's mom's number 1 choice for a video game system.

This rating system is stupid, because people will simply vote against those who are better than they. This will soon go the way of the dodo.

Didn't Xbox already have a rating system?

They do, but it doesn't affect said persons ability to play. Just a rating to see how many likes you can get. It's pretty stupid and childish if you ask me.

I really just see this system becoming a "revoloving door". Either someone will be on the "bad list" then off it, then on it, then off it, then on it, ad infinitum, which means the system is not doing what it is meant to -OR - it will be IMPOSSIBLE to find a game if you aren't on the "bad" list...

This system is idiotic. I don't feel i need to even explain this reasoning since its so blatantly obvious with how shitty it will be. They should just improve the matchmaking and attitude situation will solve itself if you are playing your equals. They also need to get rid of party chat, it sucks not being able to communicate. You shouldn't be punished because you don't actively seek out xbox friends and just want to jump in and play.

This sounds a little similar to the system Valve uses in Dota 2. Not exactly like it, but the core concept is there, and it works very well in Dota 2. I'd say it's a step in the right direction, but I don't know if it will be enough to fix Xbox Live's vile community.

You mean 10 year olds with Mommy's credit card? I don't think ANYTHIGN on the Xbox would be indicitive of "Community" in any respect...

com·mu·ni·ty

[kuh-myoo-ni-tee]

noun, plural com·mu·ni·ties.

1. A social group of any size whose members reside in a specific locality, share government, and often have a common cultural and historical heritage, whose work reflects the good of the whole.

2. A locality inhabited by such a group.

3. A social, religious, occupational, or other group sharing common characteristics and interests, goals, and a shared attitude, while perceived or perceiving itself as distinct in some respect from the larger society within which it exists.

4. A group of associated nations sharing common interests or a common heritage: the community of Western Europe.

5. Ecclesiastical . a group of men or women leading a common life according to a rule.

Plus, the system is "supposedly" entirely dependent upon the MS user base. I would say that DOTA 2 worked because of the majority of the user base not enjoying the LoL and HON drama, AND because there is a specific group monitoring the system and scrutinizing it for any issues.

MS just leaves everything up to an algorithm ("Advanced Algorithmics"). They can put in all the filters, bayesian statistical models, interference patters, voting systems, etc, but if it isn't being constantly monitored by XB or MS personnel, the system will just break. That is the nature of computing. There is always a loophole, and once that loophole is found, it will be exploited.

A social, religious, occupational, or other group sharing common characteristics and interests, goals, and a shared attitude, while perceived or perceiving itself as distinct in some respect from the larger society within which it exists.

Oh really? The only shared interest is enjoying gaming. The only shared goal is gaming... that's not a "common set". Plus, there is no overarching attitude, or something to distinguish itself from a larger group of gamers (taking "gamers" as the larger society) excepting the fact that they all have Xbox rather than PC or PS3... Again - sociology being a highly unreliable system for determination (basically make up whatever the hell you want to fit what you want to say) - I wouldn't consider the Xbox community to be a "community" but rather a group of distinct individuals with very little commonalities, ties, goals, or relevance between them.

This kind of system can work, if the population is mature enough to understand how to properly rate players.

The problem is most of console players are younger, which tends to have them reacting in a bad manor causing everyone in game on their team to be little shitties who cant do anything. Thus the whole team gets -1, then because little Timmy was also getting stomped on the entire opponent team gets -1. I see this being the vicious circle for about two months before MS removes the feature and has to rethink how they will matchmake. Funny when companies come out with pipe dream situations this close to release.

This kind of system can work, if the population is mature enough to understand how to properly rate players.

The problem is most of console players are younger, which tends to have them reacting in a bad manor causing everyone in game on their team to be little shitties who cant do anything. Thus the whole team gets -1, then because little Timmy was also getting stomped on the entire opponent team gets -1. I see this being the vicious circle for about two months before MS removes the feature and has to rethink how they will matchmake. Funny when companies come out with pipe dream situations this close to release.

Lets put it at this, Xbox live community is not mature and never will be

haha lol this thread is like innocence of a child thinking everything is rainbows and butterflys... no jerks and cheats is like saying no more terrible call of duty games.. someone hit this kid with a reality dildo!!! in tha face!

haha lol this thread is like innocence of a child thinking everything is rainbows and butterflys... no jerks and cheats is like saying no more terrible call of duty games.. someone hit this kid with a reality dildo!!! in tha face!

Have you forgotten rule #1 again?

Apparently he forgot rule #78.

Stoppen sie mit dem schlechten zur grammatik!

Apparently he forgot rule #78.

Stoppen sie mit dem schlechten zur grammatik!

Yeah I'm more offended by that train wreck of a sentence than anything else.

[spoiler=]yall cant handle me i was just stating that gaming will always have THAT guy or guys #swaggerofahacker #jokesallday #ps4stillbetter

Tell me what metadata means. Then tell me why I am asking you about it. THEN i will unspoiler this.

yall cant handle me i was just stating that gaming will always have THAT guy or guys #swaggerofahacker #jokesallday #ps4stillbetter

#PCMasterRace

#swaggerofahacker #jokesallday #ps4stillbetter

I'm going to come up to Canadia and cave in your skull. You're not a hood-rat, or a wymyn. (Although the latter is still debatable.) So stop it.

yall cant handle me i was just stating that gaming will always have THAT guy or guys #swaggerofahacker #jokesallday #ps4stillbetter

#PCMasterRace

And you.

You're still new, so I'll give you a warning. Hashtags=Fingernails being pulled out one at a time by a Honey Badger with nipple-clamps on.

Keep that shit on twitter and Facebook, nub.