Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community

Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Never Stand Alone Gaming Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spoon

Epic Stories Thread

5 posts in this topic

So, this is a thread I would like to start based on something I saw on reddit a couple weeks ago.

Give us a story, any story, about anything involving something epic you've done in-game, or how you imagine something going. A really awesome raid that you were the last man standing? Or, a dungeon that you saved by yourself? How about that time on a BG that you got that elusive ten kill streak as flag carrier? Submit them all.

THIS, is the Epic Stories Thread.

I'll start us off.

The Tame

This was written by me, imagining how this event could transpire. The "tame" is a rare hunter pet in World of Warcraft that only spawns every 6-20 hours and has dozens of people chasing him each spawn.

As I pass by the Gates of Sothan, I notice an old familiar scent. Hipprionus has returned to my side. First found him as just a lonely egg while hunting proto-drake eggs. His gold glimmer always sends a smile across my face. I laugh a little as he nudges my elbow as I ride Dartherax, my Black Drake, I let out a smile. This little man has been through so many things with me.Coming up on Sulfuron Spire. So many days sitting here, just hoping that the Elusive One would show up. I see a pack of Tauren in the distance to the north, so I keep my space. “Damned Horde, at it again” I mutter to myself while taking a sip of my canteen. They don’t see me, so I take it down to ground level, skimming the rocks, all the while, Hipprionus staying right beside me. He’s such an agile pet, trained in many a battle. “Watch out for the lava bursts, old friend. They come out of nowhere,” I tell him while never taking my eyes from in front of me.

We land just outside of the pit at the spire, hopeful to see him today, after months of waiting. Baltrigs, my faithful corehound, is summoned to my side. I pat his head, “Welcome, old man. It’s been a long day.” He growls affectionately at me, as if to say, “We really need to retire…soon.” Baltrigs was formerly known as Magmadan. But when I liberated his soul from those fiery confines, his spirit guide asked that I call him by a different name. Baltrigs was the name of my grandfather. Baltrigs, Champion of The Alliance. He would be so very proud.

It still hurts, the spot where I was bitten by the feral worg. “Two years to the day,” I say to Baltrigs. He whimpers slightly, and looks down at the ground. Hipprionus takes flight to the spire for his late night agility run. He’s always training himself. Such a dedicated dragon, that one. Suddenly, the ground shakes, and earth starts to crumble away from the edge where I’ve been standing. Baltrigs lets out a howl…it’s happening. Bursts of lava are spewing like a shotgun blast from the pit. I whistle for Dartherax, he’s by my side in an instant. “Let’s get to it!” I exclaim. He lets out a deafening roar, the same one I’ve heard before tackling many an enemy. I hop on his back, and in one swoop, he is into the air, diving down the cliff face.

He spreads his wings, mere metres from the searing lava below, catching an updraft and propelling himself across the tops of the rocks still in the pit. In the distance, I see him emerge. The one called Terrorpene. It has begun.I find the nearest rock protruding from the lava, and as Dartherax swoops past, I leap from his back, landing on my feet, bow in hand. Once again, I summon Baltrigs. “Ready for a battle, old friend?” He howls in agreement once more. I can feel the transformation beginning. Within seconds, I’m displaying my hackles on the back of my neck as I transform to full Worgen. It’s liberating, this form. There is a sense of freedom that comes with it. Power like I knew not of before. My claws extend from my fingertips, ready for battle. Baltrigs is ready. I guzzle down my Prismatic Elixir, and almost swallow my broiled mountain trout whole. (One of my favorite dishes.) After finishing those two, I open my throat and swallow My Mighty Speed Elixir in one gulp. “I’ll have to thank Lashh for that.” Baltrigs glows his bright red, and I can feel the Ancient Hysteria wash over me. He howls once more, and vanishes like a shadow in the night. I feel the spell beginning at my feet, and with a blast, deterrence spills from my hands. I am ready. That’s when he sees me. Terrorpene, the Ancient Tortoise has caught full view of what was happening. When all of a sudden, silence.

The only things in Azeroth that matter at this moment, are he and I. He charges, and I begin my cast. It takes less than 5 seconds, this cast. But it feels like an eternity. I can see his right foot coming down on top of me, and with only a fraction of a second to spare, I dodge left. His claw catches my right arm, and with the help of his flaming foot, the wound seals shut immediately. All around me I can hear the chants of other hunters who have come to watch the tame, and keep the Horde from Terrorpene.

I see his nostrils flare, then a spout of fire shoots from his mouth, burning the ground in front of me as I dodge backwards, mere inches from my feet. I can feel the Ancient Hysteria coursing throughout my body as I begin to tire. Terrorpene’s attacks are wearing me down. Then, without warning, everything stops, and I collapse. Just as the darkness comes to my eyes, I see him standing over me.

I come to, not knowing how long I was down. I take stock, and realize that I’m still alive. Then I hear a rumble behind me. I spin around, ready for battle. Then, standing before me, is the most beautiful sight on all of Kalimdor. My newest pet, Dorbalg, ready for battle. I walk around him, inspecting every inch. It’s glorious, this shell. Lava dripping from every crack. His skin, so hot that it is white in places, looks to torch anything that comes near. He looks into my eyes as he turns. I see in him, what I’ve seen so many times in Baltrigs. That look that says, “Battle!”

Ya man I have thought of a few things but what you said was great only part I though was kind of funny :P is where your talking about your Dorbalg sounds kinda like a love novel at that part are you in love Spoon haha or just got a fetish going haha

Ya man I have thought of a few things but what you said was great only part I though was kind of funny :P is where your talking about your Dorbalg sounds kinda like a love novel at that part are you in love Spoon haha or just got a fetish going haha

It's love. The day that I tame him will be epicxzorzx!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0