Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community

Welcome to Never Stand Alone Gaming Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Never Stand Alone Gaming Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spoon

XBOX One no longer DRM.

30 posts in this topic

Per Kotaku: "Microsoft will reverse course on their DRM policies for Xbox One, dropping their 24-hour Internet check-in requirement and all restrictions on used games."

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-is-removing ... -514390310

I'm actually thoroughly surprised they did a smart thing for once. Props to them.

I'm not. I knew this would happen. The public outcry was too great, and they saw what the numbers were doing for the PS4. They were losing, BAD. They needed to change something, and at least this is a step in the right direction.

FUCK CONSOLES UPGRADE YOUR PC!

I'm gonna use the money I would have spent on a PS4 to upgrade my CPU :D

Well they got rid of the 24 hour requirement, what is the new requirement? I am assuming they aren't getting rid of their DRM completely (Knowing microsoft, it will just be "updated").

Doesn't change the fact it still is not a good buy.

Bro, don't be a fucking idiot. This isn't a thread for a fucking flame war. Grow up.

Well they got rid of the 24 hour requirement, what is the new requirement? I am assuming they aren't getting rid of their DRM completely (Knowing microsoft, it will just be "updated").

According to all accounts, they're backtracking like crazy, and removing all DRM requirements, and the restrictions on used games.

Also, this isn't a fucking flame war, jerkoffs. We still have an XBOX side, and their opinions matter as well.

According to all accounts, they're backtracking like crazy, and removing all DRM requirements, and the restrictions on used games.

Also, this isn't a fucking flame war, jerkoffs. We still have an XBOX side, and their opinions matter as well.

No one is making this a flame war, Br0. this doesn't mean Xbox Wont have cloud gaming (which could be freaking awesome it implemented right). I won't be getting a new console for some time though, I'd rather get my PC upgraded to where I'm happy with it, And then I'll probably get a PS4 or Xbox depending on the UI, Controller and Exclusives.

No one is making this a flame war, Br0. this doesn't mean Xbox Wont have cloud gaming (which could be freaking awesome it implemented right). I won't be getting a new console for some time though, I'd rather get my PC upgraded to where I'm happy with it, And then I'll probably get a PS4 or Xbox depending on the UI, Controller and Exclusives.

This is flaming...

And this...

And it's childish. If you don't like a topic, DON'T FUCKING COMMENT ON IT. Instead of joining it, just to say, "I fucking hate it, and you're stupid for liking it."

Also, there WILL still be cloud gaming, just like there has been for a couple years now. But what they've done is NOT make it a requirement, which is what they have to do for now. At least until they figure it out to make everyone happy.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Also, now that xbox has built in twitch streaming (not sure if pd4 does too) IMAGINE ALL OF THE KIDS STREAMING COD IN LIKE 480p lol. itsgonnaberetarded.

This is flaming...

And this...

And it's childish. If you don't like a topic, DON'T FUCKING COMMENT ON IT. Instead of joining it, just to say, "I fucking hate it, and you're stupid for liking it."

First quote...is a little flame war-ish but borderline. The "Doesn't change the fact it still is not a good buy." IS NOT FLAME WAR! It is stating his opinion! Seriously what the fuck! Does he say anywhere in there that you should get a PS4 because it is better or that a PC is the master race?! NO! He says that it is in his opinion a shitty buy and that is all. Stop trying to turn every thread into an argument because YOU don't agree with someone's opinion.

Also, what TBird said is in no way flame war-ish...he is stating that in all articles they do not say they are getting rid of DRM, just 24 hour DRM. And beyond that what do you expect out of threads about Xbox at this point? Us to say "AWWW Sweet"? No, Microsoft fucked up and everyone knows it (just like Sony, Asus, and every other company has at some point or another), now they are trying to clean up their mess (just like Windows 8).

'nuf said

Pointing out that it isn't a good buy is no where near a flame war. It's just looking out for our fellow gamers.

spoon i would appreciate it if you didnt call me bro then bash me... i really just dont like you... mmmmk :) almost as much as i dont like the xbox one. :)

Hmm...this smells of LCS PC Master Race...

LAWL. Sorry that MS screwed up and now I'm not getting an Xbox? why would I need one when I have a 360 and a Perfectly fine PC that I spent around $1000 on?

Seriously, if one cannot handle the opinions of others being different than their own, they should not be on the internet.

LAWL. Sorry that MS screwed up and now I'm not getting an Xbox? why would I need one when I have a 360 and a Perfectly fine PC that I spent around $1000 on?

Seriously, if one cannot handle the opinions of others being different than their own, they should not be on the internet.

^yes.

Spoon, I mean this in the best way possible: Shut up. You're trying to create an issue where there isn't one. There was only one inflammatory post in this thread. Just because you feel like you're getting ganged up on doesn't make it so.

EDIT: Also, I don't take comparisons to LCS lightly we're a long way from them and you know it.

No, I'm perfectly fine with that. Did it myself. I just don't understand why people have to be complete tools and hate on a system simply because it's different from what they prefer. (Not saying you're guilty, others are.) Just because something is different, doesn't mean it's not as good.

Why must I be the one who is saying this, when others in this group were saying the same thing a year ago, and now that almost everyone has top-end (eh) PC's, everyone is on the console hate train?

People could stand to grow the fuck up, we're not children here.

Spoon, I mean this in the best way possible: Shut up. You're trying to create an issue where there isn't one. There was only one inflammatory post in this thread. Just because you feel like you're getting ganged up on doesn't make it so.

EDIT: Also, I don't take comparisons to LCS lightly we're a long way from them and you know it.

Admittedly, the LCS thing was out of line, see above post regarding flaming and flaming related posts.

It may not have been intentionally meant, but it was said nonetheless.

Think about what you type before you type it. If it doesn't belong in a thread, don't put it there.

None of us are on the console hate train. I'll get a PS4 at some point. Just not on release.

Just because most of us are not on the console hype-train, does not mean we are on the console hate-train.

i really just dont like you...

Ah yes...

Feeling's mutual. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0